1. Have you not brought this on yourselves by forsaking the Lord your God when he led you in the way, (Jeremiah 2:17). Israel had seen many miracles, yet they still forsook their God. We as Americans have done the same thing. We pray to be a nation that glorifies God and not forsake Him. 1-2 ECHO, Ft Meyers, FL, Ron, and Deb Herrold.
2. For men are not cast off by the Lord forever, (Lamentations 3:31). Grief and suffering come to us all…sometimes by our own fault. God is faithful to rescue us when we call out to Him. We pray to open our hearts to the God of all creation and follow His teachings. Iowa Ag EXPO, Des Moines, IA, Jeff Goss
3. He (the messenger of God) then said to me: Son of man, go to the house of Israel and speak my words to them. You are not being sent to a people of obscure speech and difficult language, but to the house of Israel, (Ezekiel 3:4-5). Ezekiel was called to warn his own people of their sins. We are thankful for those God has called to preach and teach His Word. We pray to be open to hear any rebuke or correction God has for us. Please pray for Wayne…he is in the hospital and is being evaluated for mitral valve replacement.
4. Therefore, I decree that the people of any nation or language who say anything against the God of Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego be cut into pieces and their houses be turned into piles of rubble, for no other god can save in this way, (Daniel 3:29). King Nebuchadnezzar had seen a miracle, and he was celebrating the best way he knew how. We pray to give God praise and honor in our celebrations. Please pray for Ruth. She has a broken hip.
5. When I (God) found Israel, it was like finding grapes in the desert, when I saw your fathers, it was like seeing the early fruit on the fig tree, (Hosea 9:10). God sees all Believers in the same light as He did Israel when He claimed them as His own. We pray to remember who’s we are!!! Please pray for the Huff s. Husband is in hospice care.
6. The Lord thunders at the head of His army, His forces are beyond number, and mighty are those who obey His command, (Joel 2:11). Make no mistake…God is in control. We pray to be obedient to God’s Word and let our lives reflect His glory. Please pray for Vicky. Her husband, Larry, passed away recently…and she has cancer.
7. People staggered from town to town for water but did not get enough to drink, yet you have not returned to Me, declares the Lord, (Amos 4:8). God sent plagues and punishment to His people, rather than turning to God they went further in the wrong direction. We pray as individuals and as a country to turn toward God and obey His commands. Please pray for John. He has liver cancer.
8. But at dawn the next day God provided a worm, which chewed the vine so that it withered, (Jonah 4:7). The story of Jonah is fi lled with the likeness of many of our stories…we rebel, and we repent and then are fi lled with anguish when things don’t go our way! We pray to be more concerned with the souls of others rather than our own comfort. Please pray for Ray as he continues to heal from a fall out of a bucket truck…progress is slow.
9. This is what the Lord says: As for the prophets who lead My people astray, if one feeds them, they proclaim peace, if he does not, they prepare to wage war against him, (Micah 3:5). Preaching for profi t is nothing new. As we see God is not happy with this method. We pray to spread the truth of the "Good News". ! Please pray for Nancy…a once vibrant go- get- them woman trapped in a body that won’t let her do anything by herself. Pray for her caregivers.
10. The chariots storm through the streets, rushing back and forth through the squares. They look like fl aming torches, they dart about like lightening, (Nahum 2:4). God used Nineveh to conquer and hold the Israelites captive…then He used other nations to conquer Nineveh as judgement for them. We pray to share God’s love and truth even with evildoers…they need Him too. Please pray for Ron…his oldest son took his own life several years ago. His wife had already begun to show signs of a troubled mind. She has early onset of Dementia and has been on Hospice care since Christmas. Please pray for Ross, their other son as well.
11. In wrath You strode through the earth and in anger You threshed the nations, (Habakkuk 3:12). God is slow to anger but He is a holy God and His anger is not held back forever. We pray to remember that God gives us strength in the bad times. Please pray for caregivers…often they are exhausted.
12. This is what the Lord Almighty says: Just as I had determined to bring disaster upon you and showed no pity when your fathers angered Me, says the Lord Almighty, so now I have determined to do good again to Jerusalem and Judah. Do not be afraid, (Zechariah 8:14-15). Jerusalem has always been God’s chosen city. He has rebuked it, punished it and now He was going to reward it. We pray blessing upon Israel and especially Jerusalem. Please pray for Rodney. He is having heart issues and is not a Believer.
13. He (God) will sit as a refi ner and purifi er of silver. He will purify the Levites and refi ne them as gold and silver. Then the Lord will have men who will bring off erings in righteousness and the off erings of Judah and Jerusalem will be acceptable to the Lord, as in the days gone by, as in former years, (Malachi 3:3-4). As we allow God to refi ne the impurities out of our lives, we will refl ect His image in the places we go and the things we do and the words we speak. We pray to be a pure refl ection of God our Father and Jesus our Lord. 13-15 World Ag EXPO, Tulare, CA, Jeff Goss
14. Simply let your yes be yes and your no be no, anything beyond this come from the evil one, (Matthew 5:37). If we always tell the truth, we will be known as a person of truth and we will not have to swear or promise to back up our statements. We pray to be a people of truth. Valentine’s Day…show the Love!! 14-17 National Farm Machinery Show, Louisville, KY, Dennis Schlage.
15. Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house, and went off to a solitary place, where He prayed, (Mark 1:35). Jesus often went outside His group to pray. As Christians when we minister out what is in us, we need to be refreshed by asking God to fill us again and again with His power and strength. We pray to be people of prayer. Please pray for a new Executive Director for FCFI. Dennis is retiring in March. If you know a good Godly person who may want to tackle this job of travel, meeting people and being disciplined in reaching out for places to share the Walking Sticks and mission trips, please have them contact the FCFI home office and they will be directed to the right person.
16. After three days they (Mary and Joseph) found Him (Jesus) in the Temple courts, sitting among the teachers, listening to them, and asking them questions. Everyone who heard Him was amazed at his understanding and His answers, (Luke 2:46-47). Jesus was 12 years old and learning from much older Jewish scholars. His wisdom amazed them. We pray to ask for discernment as we study Scripture and learn from teachers of the Word. We pray to share our wisdom with others. Please pray for our farmers. Many are getting retirement age and know no other way of life. Also please pray some young people will follow the farming lifestyle. We NEED farmers.
17. How can a man be born when he is old? Nicodemus asked. Surely, he cannot enter a second time into his mother’s womb to be born, (John 3:4). Nicodemus did not at first understand the concept of spiritual birth. We are thankful for physical birth from our mothers and Spiritual Birth from our heavenly Father. We pray a prayer of thanksgiving for our Spiritual Birth, Salvation. 17-24 National FFA Week…Please pray some of these young people will have a heart for farming…our country needs them.
18. They (disciples) all joined together constantly in prayer, along with the women and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with His brothers, (Acts 1:14). Jesus was crucified, dead, buried, risen, and ascended into heaven. His Believers were left with a decision…would they disband and go back to their old lives…would they group together and be sure the world would know about Jesus. They met together in constant prayer and began to go out and preach and teach about Jesus. We pray to go outward in prayer and preaching and teaching. Please pray for Peter as he continues his cancer journey…pray for his family as well.
19. What then shall we say that Abraham, our forefather, discovered in this matter? If, in fact, Abraham was justified by works, he had something to boast about, but not before God. What does the Scripture say? Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness, (Romans 4:1-3). Abraham was an example everyone in Paul’s day would have known. We sometimes wonder if our faith is enough to save us…it is Jesus who saves, we just must have the faith of a grain of mustard seed. We pray remember Jesus is our Salvation and not we ourselves…we simply must place our faith in Him. Please pray for healing for people struggling with the flu and another round of Covid.
20. By the grace God has given me (Paul), I laid a foundation as an expert builder, and someone else is building on it. But each one should be careful how he builds. For no one can lay any foundation other that the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ, (1Corinthians 3:10-11). A building is only as good as its foundation. With Christ as our spiritual foundation, we have a strong house indeed. We pray to be builders of the church of Jesus Christ. Please pray for our younger generation. Most of them have been raised in a completely different environment than us older crowd. Pray for direction in their lives and that all roads will lead them to Jesus.
21. Now if the ministry that brought death, which was engraved in letter on stone, came with glory, so that the Israelites could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of its glory, fading though it was, will not the ministry of the Spirit be even more glorious, (2Corinthians 3:7-8). Moses’ face radiated God’s glory. So, also should our lives radiate God’s glory through the Holy Spirit. 22-24 PA Adventure RV EXPO, Altoona, PA, Steele
22. For you have heard of my (Paul) previous way of life in Judaism, how intensely I persecuted the church of God and tried to destroy it. I was advancing in Judaism beyond many Jews of my own age and was extremely zealous for the traditions of my fathers, (Galatians 1: 13 14). Paul tells of his life before conversion. This can encourage us to know we are never too bad to be saved and used of God. We pray to simply give God our everything. 22-24 NY Farm Show, Syracuse, NY, Bill Brown
23. Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of men in their deceitful scheming, (Ephesians 4:14). As we attain the fullness of Christ in our lives and spirits, we become grounded and now easily swayed or fooled. We pray to be, grounded in God’s Word and, therefore, grounded in who we are in Christ. 23-25 Western Farm Show, Kansas City, MO, Jeff Goss
24. Sanctify them by the truth, Your Word is truth. As You sent Me into the world, I have sent them into the world. For them I sanctify Myself, that they too may be truly sanctified, (John 17:17-19). The Bible is our standard…not what the world says is true. We pray to live by the guidelines of the Bible. 24-25 Swamp Cabbage Festival, LaBelle, FL, Bill Brown
25. My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in Me through their message, that all of them may be one, Father, just as You are in Me, and I am in You. May they also be in Us so that the world may believe that you have sent Me, (John 17:20,21). We have been set apart with a purpose to witness. We pray to give glory to God. 24-25 Strawberry Fest, Live Oak, FL…Bill Brown
26. I have given them the glory that You gave Me, that they may be one as we are One. I in them and You in Me. May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent Me and have loved them even as You have loved Me, (John 17:22,23). As a Christian the Holy Spirit abides in us and a glory should surround us. Please pray for the Walking Stick ministry…it reaches so many people…pray for Salvation for the unsaved.
27. Father, I want those You have given Me to be with Me where I am, and to see My glory, the glory You have given Me because You loved Me before the creation of the world. Righteous Father, though the world does not know You, I know you, and they know that You have sent Me. I have made You known to them, and will continue to make you known in order that the love You have for Me may be in them and that I Myself may be in them, (John 17: 24,25). We are a purchased possession of Christ and He is interceding for us to the Father. We pray that others will see Jesus in us. 27-29 Iowa Hawkeye Farm Show, Cedar Falls, IA, Jeff Goss
28. Now the Passover and the Feast of Unleavened Bread were only two days away, and the chief priests and the teachers of the law were looking for some sly way to arrest Jesus and kill Him, (Mark 14:1). The Jewish leaders plotted secretly to kill Jesus because of His popularity. We pray not to be ashamed to openly claim Jesus as our Lord. 28-31 Commodity Classic, Orlando, FL, Dennis Schlagel
29. He was in Bethany, reclining at the table in the home of a man known as Simon the Leper, a woman came with an alabaster jar of very expensive perfume, made of pure nard. She broke the jar and poured the perfume on His head, (Mark 14:3). There is a question as to whether this woman was Mary who anointed Jesus’ feet. There is no question that this was an act of purest worship. We pray to give our best in worship and praise to Jesus. Please pray for commodity prices to stay high enough for our farmers to be able to make a living while feeding the world.
Share Your Prayer Items with Others Continue to send in specific prayer requests either to the FCFI office or to Mary Jones (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Text: 229-339-0126)